*I set a goal to cook/bake/make 40 new things in 2013*
I pin food things (and drinks) on pinterest, but if I’m not going to make them then it’s just internet clutter. And who likes clutter? So I thinned down my boards to things I would actually make and I’ve been slowly working through making new things. It boiled down to 1 per week skipping 12 weeks. That sounded totally manageable. You can see though… I’m quite behind.
My notes: I used a roasting pan-not so great idea b/c the sugar burned… I would try this again in a glass baking dish, bonus points- Jeremy liked it, we had the roasted brussels sprouts with it
Here’s the recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478
#1. Easy Garlic Chicken
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
additional herbs and spices, as desired
1) Preheat oven to 450°F Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil.
2) In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
3) Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add additional herbs and spices as desired.
4) Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
5) Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes, or until juices run clear. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken.