1 medium sweet potato (about 8 ounces), scrubbed
1.5 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Slice the sweet potato into very thin rounds (1/16 inch thick; use a mandoline if you have one) and place in a large bowl.
3. Add the oil, paprika, and salt and toss with your hands (or spatula) until thoroughly coated.
4. Place the slices in a single layer on 2 baking sheets—the rounds can be touching but should not overlap.
5. Bake one sheet at a time until the edges of the chips curl up, the centers are just golden brown, and the tops are dry to the touch, about 12 minutes.
6. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and let the chips cool until crisp, about 3 minutes.
7. Using your hands, carefully transfer the chips to a serving dish.
8. Repeat with the second sheet.