One of the cool parts about having a modified tiny house is that all of my furniture is really easy to move. I can move almost everything in the house by myself. I took advantage of this today when I relocated our island so I could watch tv while cooking. Full House is so much fun! I think I’m in season 4 now.
I love pasta dishes, I mean really, really, love pasta dishes. My favorite lately have been ones I’ve made using fresh, homemade pasta. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I had a full and busy week this week so I did not make pasta. I bought pasta and it worked nicely.
This meal was incredibly simple, AND I got to cook with broccoli rabe! This was my first time purchasing and cooking with broccoli rabe! So much fun to try new things!
Above you’ll see one of the optional components- the red pepper flakes, that I affectionately call “pizza pepper flakes.” I decided to add these- good choice (sometimes I “make good choices”). It only gave the dish a touch of zing, and we all need a touch of zing in our lives!
Chicken Sausage Penne:
- Broccoli rabe (also called rapini; sub broccoli florets) – 6 oz, chopped (I don’t think I used enough because it was 6 oz with the stems and I cut most of the stem off and it cooked down substantially)
- Garlic – 1 cloves, chopped (I used 2)
- Sausage, chicken (preferably pre-cooked; sub any variety sausage) – 1/2 lb, casings removed (if applicable) and sliced (I used 1 lb)
- Pasta, penne – 5 oz
- Butter – 1/2 Tbsp (I subbed non dairy butter, but oil would have worked as well)
- Panko breadcrumbs – 1/4 cup
- Oil, cooking – 1/2 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) – 1/8 tsp
- Lemons – 1/4, zest of
*This recipe is part of the paid subscription service on the Cook Smarts website.